7 Great Advantages of Opting for uPVC Windows
Home & Garden
Are you interested in choosing uPVC windows for your home, but are not sure what the advantages of doing so are? Then take the time to learn what those advantages are so that you can make an informed decision whilst considering if uPVC windows are the most logical choice for your home.
- Durability: One of the reasons why uPVC is used as a window frame material is because of the long lifetime it provides. For example, it's used for sewer pipe construction because it lasts long. Furthermore, the sun can be quite brutal on window material, but uPVC can be made to resistant the harmful effects of ultraviolet light.
- Heat control: uPVC does not conduct heat and therefore you will be able to control the heat of your home with higher efficiency. This helps keep the cost of heating in the winter down, and also the cost of air ventilation bills in the summer.
- Rot and corrosion: Unlike wood and metal based window frames uPVC is not susceptible to rot or corrosion. This means that you won't have to think about maintenance as often. Furthermore, this increases the length of time between having to swap one window for another due to wear and tear.
- Security: Most uPVC windows today have added security features that increases the complexity with which your windows are locked. This in turn makes it more difficult for burglars to gain access to your home by unlocking your windows.
- Environmentally friendly: uPVC is an environmentally friendly material because it can be recycled as many as 10 times. However, uPVC window construction has only gained momentum in the last 25 years. Therefore, there is currently not a lot of uPVC material lying around that can be recycled.
- Bushfires: Australia due is prone to bushfires more than most other countries in the world. Fortunately, uPVC windows have been tested to be able to withstand the damaging effects of moderate bushfires. This is an important point to consider if you have a home close to an area that can potentially receive a bushfire.
- Design: uPVC windows have a white design that can blend in with a wide variety of both interior and exterior décor styles. They typically are not an eye-catching feature of a décor style, but at the same time they do not stand out in an unattractive way.
Learn more about your options by consulting local experts and suppliers such as Enviro Vision UPVC.
6 April 2015